Pdf truncated

I am trying to export a case study to a pdf. Actually in December it was fine but of course I sent it out to a prospect and now its truncated. So, the pdf actually opens up at the second half of the document. The whole beginning is cut off. Is there any other way or something I am doing wrong. I don’t want to send it out in two documents.

Can you share the file link? That sounds weird. Actually seems like a bug, so you might wanna reach out to Figma support via support@figma.com or Submit a request – Figma.

https://www.figma.com/file/K779XAJW2G6yOBTsIPkDXq/Untitled?node-id=207%3A2251

I am working now to split in in two so sorry for the mess.

Seems to be working fine for me, maybe check it in another browser/desktop app? Here is the exported PDF: https://file.io/OVoT0dc0HADl

Thanks for checking it out. It works in my browser but if i try to open the file to view in i guess adobe reader its truncated.

Oh, yes, the app you use to view the PDF could play a role. Actually I would suggest to split it into a multi-page PDF (discover, define, etc. can be separate pages), such long files are prone to all sorts of issues.

You can save a multi-page PDF right in Figma using File → Export frames to PDF…

1 Like

That worked!! Thank you, I appreciate you!!

1 Like

A little more information for people reading this thread:

Those of us working on Macs will sometimes run into this issue when sending the PDF file to a colleague or client who works on a Windows machine. Apple’s built in PDF reader handles wider (in px) files better. Adobe Reader and other Windows PDF readers will truncate the visible file. (The information is still there, and it will open up without issue on your Mac… which can be frustrating to figure out.)

The solution is to make a multi-page PDF with less wide pages.

1 Like

I am also facing same issue so what best way to export when we need to create Portfolio ? Png export(But I dont feel its looks good to view on screen)
or better to go for ppt/slides ?

I have the same problem. Does it work for you?