PDF Export Consistently Missing Elements

I’m having consistent issues with PDF export, where one or more elements is missing from exported PDFs. The missing elements are sometimes vector objects created in Figma, and sometimes raster images imported into Figma. I always confirm the elements are correctly inside the desired frame before PDF export. Are there any known issues that prevent PDFs from rendering correctly?

12 Likes

exporting from Figma out to PDF. i try to make everything into outline. the fonts, circles with boarders flatten it if it doesn’t have shadows and opacity. hope this tip works for you!

Any workaround for missing images on PDF export?

2 Likes

Same issue here. PDF export is buggy - Images are missing, some vector elements are not correctly exported (but for me, just on “Export Frames to PDF” - when exporting frames manually to PDF (from Design / Export)) everything is fine…

2 Likes

Same issue here, when trying to export to pdf, I got many images missing with just a purple image place holder left. Any idea on that ?

3 Likes

My pdf kept missing one vector no matter how times tried to export but I was able to fix the situation by replacing the vector with a lookalike!

As the vector was part of a component, I didn’t have to repeat the process across all frames except for 1 or 2 as I wanted to change the colour. Hope it works out for you!

135 our of 430 frames 1920X1080 had images. In exported PDF after 135 slide all images turned pink in the pdf file, how to fix?

2 Likes

We are also getting many images missing on export, showing up as purple. Is there any way around this issue?

I’ve also been getting the purple boxes in place of images on pdf exports - usually on larger exports. Any tips to fix this would be greatly appreciated! I’ve had to resort to exporting individual frames and then combining them in Adobe - NOT ideal…

1 Like

Same as this guys…i’d export in png if the option was available. When i got to export I can export the icons and not the frames. Such a pity.

same issue with it exporting purple frames instead of my images.

Same issue with the purple frames instead of images :confused:

I have the same issue. However, I did get the export to include all images when exporting from the Figma Windows app instead of using Figma in the browser. Hope it can be a temporary fix for some of you.

1 Like

This worked for me. Thanks!

I solved it. Windows app. Zoom out to to get everything loaded into memory. Make sure it has time to sit and load. Then export. It then could find all the markers and pull all data to assemble PDF:) Mic drop.

It appears to be a memory issue for Figma. I kept having this issue with Exporting a Portfolio with a lot of imagery content on it and it was only 12 Frames long. I tried on the Windows App, the Browser Client and MacOS App. Try not to have everything in 4K.

The solution I found was using the TinyImage Compressor plugin for compressing the images by modifying the DPI, I managed to reduce the file size to 5% and it doesn’t look too bad. It might not look as good but it’s still a toll you have to take when making digital content.

https://www.figma.com/community/plugin/789009980664807964/TinyImage-Compressor

Thank You!

None of the above DID NOT work when you have many images on each frame for your visual report with more than 20 pages.

The images were constantly missing, or their quality became shitty randomly (It should be a memory problem), so I could not finish my critical project until the deadline due to the exporting issue.

DO NOT MAKE A VISUAL REPORT ON FIGMA.

It will drive you crazy and make you want to kill yourself when exporting your hard work into PDF.

And I’m wondering if Adobe XD has the same issue. Please leave a comment if anyone makes a visual report using XD.

1 Like

Same happened to me today – exported PDF had pink images. Its probably memory issue.
I am on Mac using native Figma app.

I have done this, after that, export PDF worked perfectly for me:

1. quit all opened software Illustrator, Photoshop, acrobat, zoom etc. and also Figma
  2. closed all open tabs in Finder
  3. I have cleaned the cache (i use Disk Diag)
  4. Restarted Figma and export worked well

sounded good, but unfortunately didn’t work