Pasting a screenshot (shows up at different sizes)

Hi, Whenever I paste a screenshot from my various monitors, i have to do some maths to change it to be the correct resolution.

On windows:

1. 4k monitor copies one size (larger than figma, devide width by 1.5 to get real resolution) 2) HD monitor copies another size (smaller, Multiply by 1.3 to get real resolution)

On Macbook:
3) Macbook copies what ever resolution that is… (larger, devide width by 2 to get real resolution)

I have found an old “spectrum” post asking exactly the same question but no solution.

Some one mentioned that there was a mac automator made for Mac (but i use windows also) but it doesn’t do this on Sketch, so I don’t understand why it does this on Figma?

Any help or info on the topic would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Andy

4 Likes

+1

I’ve also been annoyed with this ever since I switched from Sketch. I’ve found that how I take the screenshot will affect whether this occurs.

On macOS, if I use Firefox’s built-in screenshot tool it’ll be larger (2x in my case). But if I use CleanShot X it’ll be the correct size (1:1)…even without enabling the Cleanshot X option to “Scale Retina screenshots to 1x”.

So my hunch is the DPI/resolution is being saved with the file (or clipboard content) in some tools but not others.

Either way, I wish it just pasted at the image’s logical resolution like Sketch does.

hii, @andy_gordon,
hii CP_Yeo. I found the solution. in SO Windows 11… if you have 2 or more monitors… You need to select the monitor with minimun resolution. (( for example I have a laptop (1920x1080pixels ) and a second monitor (4k, 3840 x2160pixels)

you need to select in Configuration of windows 11:
System > Display , the monitor with lower resolution (in my case is the laptop screen (1920x1080).
With this I solved my problem of different sizes when doing print screen and that it stuck in figma with different sizes. I hope you can solve it.

1 Like