Page Dividers / Folders / Sub Folders / Group Pages Together

Yes please to this feature. It would help massively to organise our ever growing file sizes. Would be great to use in our design system too!

1 Like

Our team works on large Figma files for Enterprise Software. We go out of our way to make Figma files easily navigable for Engineers and Designers alike. What we’d like is the ability to organize pages the same way you can group frames and layers.

What we’re really looking for is a basic folder structure to organize our pages. Today, we use the page names and emojis to feign an expanded folder structure:

I think everyone would benefit from this type of organization. However, if the community knows some way of achieving this today, please let me know!

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dan

5 Likes

This would be a game-changer for our team!!

2 Likes

+++++++++++++++ Need folder structure, would be amazing

1 Like

Figma, we need it! It would make organization so much more intuitive!

1 Like

This is so crucial! It would make it so much easier for us to organize and move all of the other things to figma, so we can use figma exclusively

1 Like

Bumping this. Same thing applies to work spaces.

Please make this happen @anon21722796 @Figma_Admin. It’s necessary to keep things organized!

1 Like

i actually did a demo about how it would be, but i cant paste the link, its on my latest post on Instagram (@arthur_comething)

i would appreciate if you tag figma on it, just because it would be an amazing feature

Here is the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CV9dQl4AJ7L/

And a screenshot:

— edited by @Gleb

2 Likes

This feature is badly needed! Expandable collapsable folders / groups. Heck you could even throw a little search bar at the top to help get to the page you are looking for.

1 Like

I find that it becomes difficult to navigate through my pages when my design file has 10 - 20 pages in it. As a result, I end up creating artificial page groups with fake pages that I rename “-”.

It would be nice if there were a built-in feature that would allow me to organize my pages into groups. Does anyone else feel the same? Tried to find a plugin, but didn’t have any luck.

Thanks!

• Sam

Please make this happen!

1 Like

@anon21722796 pls make this happen! thanks

Yep, adding behaviour of folders is good.
Or just creating behaviour like groups in Layers section, every page can be moved inside other page, etc

Gonna go against the grain and say this would be dramatically poor ux. Make a new file in your project if you want a new file… Cramming an entire project into a single file causes load issues and unnecessary weight to a file. This is why projects exist… to house multiple files…

Often you need to create a compact structure of pages, divided into, for example, desktop and a mobile version of the interface.

Now we have to create a structure by creating empty pages, symbolizing the “headings” of sections, and then creating more pages with “subsections”.

Surely someone else is experiencing the same problem.

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
  • Not sure if that image uploaded, but basically I sometimes want to divide up the pages area to keep my working files away from finals or static versions that I provide to my devs. It’s kinda minor, but is a nice visual separation.
  1. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)
  • See above.
  1. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
    (e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?, etc.
  • I think I have found a work around, but this minor feature could be helpful. Or maybe how Slack does their groups so we can organize the sidebar how we please. That could be cool.

I guess how do others handle this visual separation of files. (typically I have a working file with all working projects. And a finals file with all that. But this project is big enough. I like to have it all in one file. Excited to hear all your thoughts on this.

1 Like

I echo everyone’s sentiments here - we would like a way to organize our Pages without using the “empty page” hack. Please, Figma team, consider this request.

This will be a BIIIG Feature and Improvement Espacially for our work on Design System Files.

Much needed, would love to see the feature!