Option to Hide Frame Labels

Still nothing an year later?

My designs were very fine until yesterday! Now some sub-frames decide to revolt and start showing the display names?! Frankly, not all sub-frames show their names. Only a few. And indeed, this is quite annoying.

You can use a space in the Frame name as well :smile:

5 Likes

Keeping the fervour alive!

A simple global setting to show/hide parent titles would be amazing!

5 Likes

Yep please give us the option for to toggle these on and off. Particularly useful when building prototypes which need to have screens and notes on the canvas

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Save my life! Thank you! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Is this on the product roadmap to rollout at some point?

1 Like

Has this been fixed yet? STILL dealing with it.

2 Likes

This solution does not work if you want to use the prototype functions.

3 Likes

Hey all, recently this started bugging me as well. Since I couldn’t find a setting for this I remembered an old trick to hide text using invisible characters. Select the layers from which you want to hide the labels and replace their name with a space. Sadly this isn’t helpful if you still want your layers to make sense, but otherwhise it works great.

Obviously a simple toggle in the Preferences would be even better though!

1 Like

Yeah I’m sick of people saying that the solution is to add more frames. Wtf? No, I don’t want to add more useless frames. It should not be a default to show the label for something on the artboard. We need to take screenshots and share our screen sometimes and it distracts and confuses people. Just give us a f*cking setting to hide it!

2 Likes

Just replying here in the hope that Figma will actually do something about it after so long!

1 Like

+1 for this

+1 I think hide frame names would be super

It’s funny how the UX designing platform itself has UX issues. +1 for having option to hide/show frame names. It’s super duper annoying and it’s triggering the OCD in me.

+1 would be great to make pure screenshots of the whole prototype (with tons of frames) without any frame labels clustering into the view…

+1 as well

Totally agree! They are so annoying :melting_face:

Just put it right here as “Frame Labels” and everyone’s happy - it’s incredibly annoying to constantly have to group frames before a presentation, and this should be so easy to do - how do we get this voted up more?

I’m ready to post on linkedin and advertise, to garner more votes…