Option Key duplicate the text layer

When I select the text layer and press the Option Key, the layer is duplicated,
If I duplicate the text layer by dragging with the Option Key, another copy is created.
If I want to measure the distance between objects in which there is a text layer, then the text layer is duplicated,
I don’t understand why this is happening and it’s very frustrating.
Maybe someone came across a similar problem and you managed to solve it?

2 Likes

I’m a windows user, but I assume that’s the equivalent to windows alt key in which case holding option + dragging objects duplicates things. This is by design.

When I select the text layer and press the Option Key, the layer is duplicated

Are you pressing option, after having selected something and released the mouse button? In that case it sounds like a bug.
Make sure that you are not dragging the thing. Figma will duplicate the object regardless if you held down option before dragging or after you’ve started dragging.

If I duplicate the text layer by dragging with the Option Key, another copy is created.

So if you have one thing selected, then option dragging it leaves you with three things total? Sounds like a bug

If I want to measure the distance between objects in which there is a text layer, then the text layer is duplicated

You sure you’re only hovering when measuring? Not dragging anything? If not, sounds like a bug.

Before submitting any bugreports though, make sure that you don’t have any software running that alters the behavior of your mouse and/or keyboard.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.