"On click outside" trigger option

Hello,
I think it could be great to have the possibility to change the variant of a component by just clicking outside of it.
It could be used to simulate the behavior of editing softwares when the user wants to deselect a selected items by just clicking somewhere else.

Maybe there’s an existing solution for this that I missed ?

14 Likes

Yeah I’d like this too. For example, on a text field component, transitioning from an unfocused state to a focused state works as expected. But if I want to transition back, IRL this done by either selecting a different field, or by clicking outside the field. Current Interactive Components doesn’t account for this.

I really like that too :smiley:

Yes! +1

This would be very useful!

Is there anything like this? However I found a good alternative option is “Mouse leave” instead of “Click”

Big +1 from me. I’m running into an issue with a prototype I’m building now and “tap outside” would help.

It would also be nice if we could be more explicit, with “tap other instance”, where a user tapping a different instance of the same component would trigger something, because it’s not so much that someone tapped anything else that I care about, but that somebody specifically tapped another of the same component.

+1
Yes please! Prototyping complex software would be so much easier. And I am not forced to switch the Software for implementing things like “when clicking this, change other component variant to that”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This in combination with variants can allow us to make an accordion that automatically collapses all other list items except for the one clicked on - having to make the same number of copies as the number of list items is just very time-consuming

+1 to this