Offline Files/Mirrors in Mobile Apps

I often use the Figma Android and iOS apps to quickly share what the designs are with investors and friends. However, sometimes the internet connection where I am at isn’t the best and all I see is a white screen.

Could we download the prototypes so we can still present them without a good internet connection?

The screen I see when I don’t have a good enough internet connection:

1 Like

Similarly, having access to prototypes offline would be helpful when trying to make presentations at a huge convention center where the connectivity is spotty/non-existent.

1 Like

It would also help with usability testing for security-conscious organizations. UserTesting.com gives you the ability to upload a prototype instead of using a public link and you can do this with Invision but not Figma currently. (My org has implemented a procedure to work around this that involves a lot of manual work and it’s a real pain point for me)

1 Like

I agree, it’s embarrassing to put a prototype in the hands of an investor and have it crash.

Is it possible to have a download cache maybe like Netflix does where the Figma file deletes after 24 hours or so?

1 Like

I agree, it’s embarrassing to put a prototype in the hands of an investor and have it crash.

1 Like

An idea for implementation: Because Figma files can be exported, they can be downloaded. If we could open those on mobile, that would solve the offline problem. We could open the file from an email or from the files app.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This idea / feature request has popped up a couple of times in the last few years but hasn’t had much attention.

Figma really needs an ability to present design files in offline mode, or at least be able to access a local cache once a design has been opened. Good for those times when connectivity is limited or unavailable

1 Like