I was using the existing Slack integration happily until this morning and had separate channels set up for all my projects which worked nicely. As everyone subscribed to each channel could keep abreast of all comms on that product.
I installed the new Slack app a while ago when it was announced but haven’t really been using it as my existing setup was working fine. The only benefit I can see from the new setup is that you can see designs directly in Slack, other than that it feels like a step backwards to lump everything into one channel.
Since my existing setup stopped working this morning I’ve tried numerous times to get the new integration to work but it’s still not happening. Here are the issues…
- DMs are coming through to my email but not Slack
- I tried revoking/reconnecting my access to Slack in the Slack app directory but now when I try to “Connect my account” in Slack it runs through the process and loops back to the “Connect your account” message, only it’s not connected.
- Strangely, in the project menus 2 of my 6 projects still had the option “Remove Slack integration” but the others didn’t. I did this thinking that maybe these projects were still somehow linked to the old channels, but it made no difference.
- I’ve checked the comment settings in Figma and they are set to “All comments”
- Typing “help” brings up the tips for using Figma’s Slack app, but typing “off”, “stop”, “on” and “start” does nothing.
- I’ve tried logging out of slack and figma, quitting and restarting my machine but still no difference.
- I’ve also looked everywhere for a way to remove the Figma app completely so I can reinstall it but that doesn’t seem possible? Only revoking access to it?
Any help much appreciated as I can’t collaborate effectively without this working.