New file issue

So I went to create a new file and the screen came up with selecting a new design file or figmajam. At the bottom, I selected to “remember my choice next time” or however it was worded, now everytime I hit command N it creates a figmajam file and I want it to default to design file. How can I fix/revert this?

I have not found a simple default setting for new files in the Windows application. There is no way to check for Mac.

You can try to log out of the application through the menu ⟩ Log Out. This should clear the cache, cookies, and other app data.

You can also find the “settings.json” file, open it in a text editor and change the value of the parameter “defaultEditorType” to “design” so that the Design file is created by default, or just leave the quotes to reset the default settings. It should look like this: "defaultEditorType": "".
Figma Beta path for Windows: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Figma\DesktopBeta\settings.json

2 Likes

no setting on mac I could find.

the path for mac is: Users \ [Username\ \ Library \ Application Support \ Figma \ settings.json

1 Like

Hi @kpop, try uninstalling the application and reinstalling it.

Hello, I’m just wondering if there is a way to not have Figjam be the default page when opening a new project. I don’t use it that often and I made a mistake selecting it as default. There has to be a way to revert this. Please help!

Hey, the path is correct, you just have to make sure Figma is fully quitted when making changes to the file