TLDR: We had nested icon and typography component instances that broke when we moved base components from our Core library to our Base library. The icon and typography instances turned into autolayout frames.
My team originally had a Core library file where all of our typography, icon, and button components lived.
We began using base components to build out our other components to more easily update layouts for the downstream components that used instances of our base components.
For example, we had a baseAlert component that had vertical and horizontal layout variants (depending on if the buttons were next to our below the message content). Those baseAlerts were used to build out our actual alerts, which had additional properties for color, type, and layout. We also had a base component for icons, where the root frame dictated size, and an icon component instance was inside it that could be swapped for different icons.
We realized it would be more sustainable to have the base components in a Base library that our Core library consumed, so we followed the process in the Move published components article.
However, the typography and icon components inside our baseAlerts, baseButtons, etc. in the Base library are no longer instances of those main components in Core.
Our main typography component is still in Core, as are the individual icons that are nested inside our baseIcon component.
Because our main base components in the Base library now just have autolayout frames for the typography and icon instances, we now have to manually update all of them, which then will be a breaking change for our component instances that used the base components in Core, so all of those will have to be manually updated as well.