Figma Support Forum

More options to adjust values

For a lot of my working routines it would be great to have more adjustment options for values like the position, dimension, and rotation fields.

Beside the possibility to make use of equations I would like to have to following options.

Control of the resize behavior
By adding the prefixes ‘r’ (right), ‘l’ (left), ‘t’ (tob), ‘b’ (bottom), ‘m’ (middle) and ‘c’ (center) I should be able to control in which direction the layer expands and wich side of the layer will be fixed.

Example:
width: 100+10r
Increases the width of the layer by 10px while the right border of the layer remains fixed and the layer expands to the left.

Frame and Group relative size
By adding the prefixes ‘%f’ (frame), ‘%g’, (group) and ‘%v’ (view - enclosing group or frame) I should be able to describe the size of the layer in relation to its enclosing frame or group.
Example:
width: 50%f
Sets the width of the layer to half of the enclosing frame.

Aspect Ratio
By adding the prefixes ‘%h’ (height) and ‘%w’, (width) I should be able to describe the size of the layer as a fraction of its height or width.
Example:
width: 50%h
Sets the width of the layer to half of the height of the layer.

Combining the options
I should be able to combine the options to control the resize behavior with other options.

Example:
width: 33%hr
Sets the width of the layer to one third of the height while the layer expands to the left.

Anyone else missing this capability (well known from another awesome tool with a yellow diamond)?

2 Likes

This feature is a key part of my workflows in the other design tool. I hope this is implemented soon.