More complex relationships between frames.

Situation:
Sometimes I need to call different modals automatically, depending on my actions in the prototype. I have a main frame (let’s say the application menu), from which I go to another frame (say, settings), where I make some changes, after which I return to the frame with the Application Menu. Immediately automatically (after a delay) a modal is called (for example, “Settings saved”). I have a lot of such modals with different messages.

Right now one frame can only call one other frame through a delay.

Thus, I have to copy the frame with the Application Menu (create a new one) for each such case. It’s a mess.

What can be done:
Add the ability to specify the “source” of the transition.

That is:
When creating an interaction, I not only specify: “after delay” → open modal “Modal name”. I also indicate that it is required to do this in case of transition from a certain frame:
If I go to “Application Menu” from “Settings” then → “after delay” → open modal “Settings saved”
If I go to “Application Menu” from “Credit Cards”, then → “after delay” → open modal “Card removed”

This addition can be applied in many other cases, and it will simplify and diversify the possibilities of prototyping.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.