More Android Mobile Device Frames needed (for presentation mode)

At the moment it is only possible to view screens with viewport 360px with the Google Nexus 5X device in prototyping presentation mode. This device is quite old and has only 640px viewport height.

It would be nice to add custom devices or to have state of the art android devices with viewport 360px width to choose, for example Samsung Galaxy S21 (viewport 360 x 800px)

It’s crucial to have some fancy looking devices for management presentation or usability tests with customer. (Not everyone is designing for iPhones… :wink: )

12 Likes

To add to this, would love to see some desktop frames in presentation mode (ie. MacBook Pro). At the very least, a background image for the “Frame” defaults that are provided in Figma.

4 Likes

For those who want a tip
https://forum.figma.com/t/custom-mobile-device-frames/524/2

Yes, I would also like to have more device frame presets. Possibly…

• A list of many devices you can choose from and select what shows up in the frame dropdown for your project/team
  • A way to create your own custom frame dimensions

I’m just saying, Campaign Monitor does this really well for newsletter previews.

I think basically being more inclusive around the rest of the world and not all audiences can afford iPhones. Need to get representation for the under-resourced.

7 Likes

That would be really nice

I guess this built-in set of viewports is based on a wrong assumption about the market share. Too bad, that we receive quickly newest iPhone devices while Samsung and others are completely ignored. Even if we agree, that US market is our ‘compass’ this is still not right. Surprisingly, we have a few Google Pixel presets, while they have a marginal presence on the market:

3 Likes

And the world:

4 Likes

Also wondering when this will be sorted, as it limits us. It would be nice to have this feature without the need of using a plugin all the time to get our preset frames.

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve noticed there are a bunch of different screen sizes for iOS but only 1 screen size for android. I would recommend adding more screen sizes for android (or Google Pixel screen sizes) in frames so there is more variety for when users are creating android screens. Thanks!

1 Like

Supporting frames for Pixel phones is pretty obvious. Pixel 4 is pretty standard, and you may as well add the 6. It’s Android, so just cover Pixel and we will be good.

Instead of that, or as an alternative, please let us upload our own devices frames. Those photorealistic frames are pretty dated in terms of presentation anyway. That way we can just specify our own sizes and frames.

1 Like

Somehow I remember they had a wealth of pixel phone models to choose from in prototype mode but it’s not available now, am I imagining?

1 Like

Currently, the Google nexus 5x is no longer available. There is now an Android Small, which is not very nice. It just needs more choices of phones. It should not be so difficult to choose as many as possible phones in different sizes. Not everyone wants the iPhone. Or do you only want designers who design on iphone and you don’t care about the others?

4 Likes

Can’t agree more. Please provide wider range of frames for Android device! Or just make mobile device frames customizable.

1 Like

Pixel 7, 8 and pixel fold in different postures would be very cool.