Modify Rules for Prototype and Interactive Component level interactions

I appreciate that you were straightforward about the fact that using the same interaction in an interactive component and a prototype will result in Figma ignoring the interactive component action in favor of the prototype action. But, respectfully, I feel that’s the wrong way to go about it.

I’m currently designing an interaction where a user must make selections from a series of lists. They should be able to look back to a previous page to see what they selected should they so choose. I designed this by creating lists made out of interactive components. However, selecting an element in the list is also the trigger to drive users to the next list, which means that I cannot change the state of an item in the list view because the component interaction is being ignored.

Now, I could modify the experience such that a user has to tap another button to drive the list set forward, but that would be me modifying a designed experience to accommodate Figma, which I really don’t want to do.

I would prefer instead if Figma would just run both instructions. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.