Missing file? Not in deleted files

Hello,

I have a very important working file which has suddenly disappeared. It’s not in “deleted” items (under drafts either). How can I work out what happened to it?

When I click on the link it says:

File not found

“Either this file doesn’t exist or you don’t have permission to view it. Ask the file owner to verify the link and/or update permissions.”

APPRECIATE ANY HELP.

1 Like

Were you the owner of the file? Are you logged in to correct the account? Maybe you were logging in with email before and now you accidentally logged in with Google which is attached to the different email, or vise versa?

1 Like

Hi, this just happened to me as well. The file just completely disappeared. I am the owner of the file and I only have one log in to Figma so its not in any other accounts or deleted files.

PLEASE HELP

9 Likes

This happened to me as well. I downloaded a plugin called HTML<>figma at the same time that I noticed that it was gone.

2 Likes

It’s hard to say what could be wrong with the file missing but it’s definitely not because of the plugin. Plugins don’t work like that in Figma.

Hello, we have also had this happen. The owner of the file did not delete and all Figma files are missing. Is there any resolution for this issue?

Thanks!

1 Like

Mine too! I’ve just worked on the file yesterday, and now it disappeared.
I tried accessing with the ext link, and it shows the error ‘File not found’

It’s also not deleted or in draft.

HELP.

3 Likes

FYI mine was resolved! The Figma support team was very quick & helpful. :star_struck:

Here’s the reply:
It looks like this file was deleted, but not permanently deleted. Seeing that this file was created by another collaborator, could you recheck your Deleted folder and make sure to set the filter ‘Created by: Anyone’ to see if the file shows that way?

6 Likes

I’m having a similar but more terrifying issue! Several drafts are missing from my account, checked everywhere, switched accounts, set the filter to deleted by anyone, etc. They’re just nowhere to be found. I recently saved them as drafts from a different account but not sure why that would matter. They were in my account yesterday and now they’re not. Months of work, PLEASE HELP! I already submitted two support tickets, no one has replied yet…I’m having a panic attack, there has to be a way to get them back!

3 Likes

Just happened to me. Not important work. But shocked this can happen. Can files be saved to our computers, backed up. I new to figma but tech savvy enough, and positive I haven’t pressed or touched anything

2 Likes

Hello!

You need to log in again (from the Figma website) to your Figma account in order to see the files. This fixed the issue for me. Desktop client might log you out for some reason.

you are savior :slight_smile:
Your comment helped me to resolve the same kind of issue
Thanks!

The same issue, I am the owner of the file, but can’t found the file. it’s completely missing.
I checked the delete draft to make sure if it was accidentally deleted or not. but on my side, everything is okay. please help. how to solve this issue…

1 Like
  1. Can you find the file by searching via the name?
  2. Can you open the file by visiting the file link, if you can find it somewhere?
  3. Have you checked the Drafts → Deleted folder with ‘Created by: Anyone’ filter?
  4. Have you checked the External Teams menu in the top left corner — maybe this file is in another team?
1 Like

Hello, this happen to me today. The file is missing and I did not deleted it!

this isnt working for us, all our files are missing. Do you know anyone that can look into this for us and help?

Happened to me too. Try to take a look in “External teams” on left top corner.

1 Like

Yes, same thing happened to me. There are two diff draft files – your main company area, and one called “External Teams” (upper left dropdown in the Figma app.

Figma, please make a global search that returns ANYTHING with the matching file name across these areas.

1 Like

Добрый день, пропали файлы, в удаленных их нет, что можно сделать?

1 Like