Hi, I’m a UX designer for 10 years now, but new to Figma nevertheless. Great so far!
I have some feedback how I as a new forum user would feel more appreciated and less annoyed by the forum software and it’s default configuration:
- Please enable markup preview.
- In the dialogs the primary button is white text on a white background. Only on hover the background is black, and the white text gets readable.
- The forum limits new users to embedding at most 1 screenshot.
- This is arbitrary. It is no useful spam prevention. If is no protection from people being to verbose. If they want to annoy, the will post simply 5 more posts with one image each.
- Trust Netiquette, or if you need technical measures, then more clever ones.
- To speed the uptake for the audience, I had prepared 2 screenshots and 2 videos which I wanted to nicely intermix with text. In the end I was forced to copy 2 images together into one and embed the videos as links to Dropbox.
I agree. @Josh you may want to look into this.
Two hours ago I got the automated time delayed thanks for spending time with us message.
Now I can embed multiple media files per post. I’d like to know whether you enabled that for new signups too meanwhile.
I meanwhile know how to get markup preview: This is a serious usability trap I fell into: You need to press the “X” close button on the top right to dismiss the welcome message! Which an assumed 95% of your users (me including) will hesitate to do, as from its position and shape it will be interpreted as “close composing window” as in “discard post”. Really a bad usability issue! The way how to dismiss that welcome message should be redesigned!
The primary action button is now white text on black background. I guess you fixed that. Or do “confirmed new users” maybe get delivered a different CSS set? I hope it’s fixed for all users. Would appreciate a confirmation from you. Thanks.
Bad news again:
- Wanted to make a new post.
- Upon dropping a short MP4 video clip (only 157 kB) I get:
Sorry, new users can not upload attachments.
Now now attachments at all. And why am I new again? Something is misconfigured.
This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.