Memory overload when visiting a past version in the history

Hi, I am using Figma Teams for my organization.
The design project uses 0.7G of memory. I attempted to access a past version of this project from the version history, but I always get the “100% memory used - file out of memory” warning.

Has anyone faced this issue before? I assume there is 2G of space provided for each design project, so I hardly believe if I am overloading my design file by doing this…

2 Likes

Yes, I am also experiencing the same issue. We haven’t received the 65% or 75% memory usage warning yet in day-to-day use, but when I try to access any previous version it says 100% of memory is being used and I have to close the file and reopen it.

1 Like

This morning I’ve opened my main file to get a red bar stating “100% of memory used”. There were no such issues yesterday, no prior warning about memory being low, nothing. Reloading page and restoring an older version didn’t help .

Eventually the file managed to open, but there are designs missing from it. I can only guess how much is gone, but I think it might’ve restored automatically to somewhere around the end of December. Interestingly, trying to restore a version from as far as September produces the same “red screen”.

I am happy to reduce the amount of layers by half if necessary, but I need my file as it was last night to do that.

I have the exact same issue. I have never received the 65% or 75% memory usage warning yet in day-to-day use, but when I try to access any previous version it says 100% of memory is being used and I have to close the file and reopen it.

1 Like