Losing images when copy pasting files from one account to other

I am losing Images (png) when I am trying to copy content from one account to another.
Attaching the images for the file I have copied to another account

5 Likes

bump
I am also experiencing this bug. Would love to see a solution.

1 Like

I’m also seeing this bug, would love to see a solution as well.

1 Like

I have the same problem as well. Has any solution been developed?

2 Likes

Same problem. Also I have been searching for an answer in a lot of figma forums, but I’ve got nothing. So, ANY solution would be useful, thanks

Same for me

Hey All,

Just to confirm if this is a similar issue, are you getting a toast notification that “An invalid image or thumbnail was removed”?

2 Likes

Looks like a different one. I don’t have any notifications.

Hello, I encounter the same problem, when copy pasting an image from an account to another. the image wont load (even appear in the fill panel). Seems to reproduce everytime.

Same for me…I don’t see anyone from Figma replying with advices or doing anything about it. I had this problem for years

I’m also having this problem, this is an issue for me for about a month or so. It’s quite frustrating. @Figma_Support

I’m experiencing the same issue. It seems this has been happening for a while. Figma HELP!!

1 Like

I had the same issue, please give us a suggestion to resolve it.

I found a weird workaround for this that seems to work. Here is my setup

1. Account I want to copy FROM is open in the app
  2. Account I want to copy TO is open in the web browser
  3. Select everything in the page FROM
  4. Use the Copy as png feature (cmd+shit+C) but do not paste
  5. You should have a prompt at the bottom that Figma is downloading images (it might fail, it’s OK, let it do its thing, it takes a while if you have lot of images)
  6. Now use the regular Copy feature (cmd+C)
  7. Go to your empty file you want to copy to and PASTE (cmd+V)
  8. Repeat for all the other pages.

Because it downloads the images first, the following copy/paste seems to also copy the images.

Note that it doesn’t seem to work for the images added to a “Master component”. Aka: If you have a master component for an image in your file that you’ve used multiple times across your file (an instance), it won’t download the images from those instances. Detach the instance first if you want to copy those images (opt+cmd+B)

1 Like

I found a weird workaround for this that seems to work. Here is my setup

1. Account I want to copy FROM is open in the app
  2. Account I want to copy TO is open in the web browser
  3. Select everything in the page FROM
  4. Use the Copy as png feature (cmd+shit+C) but do not paste
  5. You should have a prompt at the bottom that Figma is downloading images (it might fail, it’s OK, let it do its thing, it takes a while if you have a lot of images. Again, don’t worry if it says it failed, it still works for what we’re doing)
  6. Now use the regular Copy feature (cmd+C)
  7. Go to the empty file you want to copy to and PASTE (cmd+V)
  8. Repeat for all the other pages.

Because it downloads the images first, the following copy/paste seems to also copy the images.

Note that it doesn’t seem to work for the images added to a “Master component”. Aka: If you have a master component for an image in your file that you’ve used multiple times across your file (an instance), it won’t download the images from those instances. Detach the instance first if you want to copy those images (opt+cmd+B)

1 Like

Watch this video - it worked for me! Copied over all images

1 Like

Hello friends, this is very easy, this happens because the second account does not have permission, you do this, first share the link from your first account to the second account and give permission to edit the file, then login from the second account and copy the file. fir image show ho jayengi …thanks join me on insta…pawan.lucky93

Hi. You can save local copy as a *.fig file, and then drop it in you project in browser.

1 Like

this worked for me thanks