Link a text in a component with 2 states to a page

Hello,
Me and my team are working on a prototype for a complex project. we are using a design system and made a separate file just for the prototype. I have a component with 2 states, a profile button that would open a menu with links, and a logout link. The 2 states open/close are linked together however when I try to link the logout link that is in the open state to another frame/page which is the login screen it doesn’t work. Please note that it’s an instance and not the main component.

Any idea how to get this to work?

Thank you

You set it’s state to open, link one if it’s items and close the component so it’s initially closed, right?

I also faced this issue and don’t have a good solution. The best solution I came up with was to create my own local main componend with the undetached instance of the original one. It’s quite a hack but the problem is that you need to define the action with it’s destination within the main component.

If there is a better way I would be really interested in.

Yes right, I linked the Logout text in the open state and closed the component. Yeah but the main component is not on the same file,we are using a customized design system on a separate file. Seems like I need to create a new component from the instance on the same page where I am doing the prototype and link the element to the correct page? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah this should work although it doesn’t feel ideally.