Library issues - component won't update

Same here. Library Update is successful, but in design file no notification to Review/Dissmiss-CTA shows up.
Has anybody found a possibility to pull the Library-Update from the design file instead of pushing it from the Library to the design file?

1 Like

The strange thing is that it works normally with two out of three files, but with one this problem occurs. I can not trace what the reason is.

It seems to be an inconsistent issue that is difficult to reproduce but is happening broadly enough that it’s impeding work. I wonder if there is any known bug for this? @Figma_Support - are you tracking?

1 Like

Same here, any ideas?

Same issue here, really frustrating

I was changing the hex codes on a main color component, but keeping the color name the same, when I published the library, the colors were not updating elsewhere.

Troubleshooting:
changed the name of the color neutral-1 to test-neutral > published it > accepted it in the new files > the color & name updated accordingly

i went back to change the test-neutral to neutral-1 > published the hex value under the proper name > accepted it in the new file and voila!

It is concerning on this thread, as well as others reporting fairly major issues / flaws with the software, how little response there is from @Figma_Support

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I was able to remedy the issue by force quitting Figma. Annoying but it worked after reopening for me.

These few days are the same for me here – can’t publish update changes.

Same here - this is uber frustrating. Basic expectation, no?

I had the same problem and was now able to solve it by chance. For me it was that I had unlinked labels in the “properties” channel. After I deleted them, the components were displayed in the assets panel. Maybe this helps you.
Properties

6 Likes

Thank you! Problem solved!

I had unlinked properties as well. I solved all of them but the problem still occurs. At the moment, the only “workaround” is to restart the Figma app. After the restart the dialog for review and update of the component (small black box at the bottom right of the UI) pops instantly up in the design file, like the usual behavior we all know. By the way I use the desktop app on a MacBook Pro M1 with macOS Big Sur 11.5.1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.