Library issues - component won't update

I am experiencing the same issue

Same issue here ā€” and not only on hidden components

2 Likes

I have a similar issue. But the component from the external lib is updated and changedā€¦ But the indication that is needs updating it still left in the ā€œUpdatesā€ tab.
So for me the bug is that the ā€œUpdatesā€ tab does not relize the component is updated and the bullet notification is still thereā€¦ even though the update has gone throughā€¦

1 Like

Same issue ((

I am having the same issue. Going through files to find hidden instances of that component and then unhiding and updating is really tedious. I hope this gets fixed soon.

1 Like

I have the same issue, this is blocking my work

Same issueā€¦

Same issue @Figma_Support

Iā€™ve had some luck by adjusting the name of the original component in the library and then repushing the update.

1 Like

I came back to give everyone an update. The bug described went on for another week or two after I posted this but my workload changed and I didnā€™t use Figma or the component library for a few weeks and when I reopened it last week the issue is now gone.

I donā€™t really know what the disconnect was. I see throughout the comments above some have found workarounds with renaming or believe there is a connection with hidden layers or when there are conflicting properties. Maybe all and any of those situations cause this issue? I hope others who posted here (that are in their files more often than I was) can come back and let us know what they found to be helpful so new people can have a set of things to try and resolve it.
Thanks for sharing everyone.

1 Like

Same frustrating issue. Successfully publish the library but no updates in the design file available.

Not a solution, but having some success with closing/re-opening Figmaā€¦even then only works intermittently

Same issue here as well @Figma_Support

The issue appears to be a visual bug. I discovered that all my changes come thru; I just donā€™t get the snack bar with the Review and Dismiss CTAs. If you have the same problem, I recommend you create a test component or style in your Libary file and push/upload the change. Go to your design File the Libary is linked to and search for your new custom component. I did exactly that and discovered that not every change gets a snack bar notification.

I have this issue today September 1st, 2022.
Is there a way to force uploading the library?

Same here ā€“ canā€™t publish update changes.

@Figma_Support it still seems to be happening to others. Is there any more information about this bug or how to fix it from Figmaā€™s side?

I just updated the category - I think I selected the wrong one because there isnā€™t a general bug one. Itā€™s been moved to ask the community for now unless I should put it elsewhere.

Same problem here

Any updates on this? Iā€™m struggling to publish an update to my design files from my library.

2 Likes