Library impossible to replace old components

Hey guys I’m getting depressing using Figma libraries lately :frowning:

Another designer created the current components we’re using on our projects. But we want to update them now. They’ll look different and the whole naming will also be different as well as the property names. Which currently makes it impossible for me to replace the old ones. If I do so the connections get lost always.

What I want is something where I can take the new component and then select the old component and say something like please replace and then every old button get’s just replaced by the new one across all files. Unfortunately all I get is “no component found” or in best case it gets replaced but the text always resets. It’s a mess.

Does anybody have any idea how the hell I implement new components and replace old ones with them without messing up all my files?

I’m happy for any help!

Best,
Stefan

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t have an answer for this, as I’m having the exact same issue. Just trying to get someone’s attention to this issue. I see that some plug-ins can replace components but I’m unsure if they can keep the links if the components have different structures.

1 Like