Hello. In a few days I’ll be leaving my company.
We used a Figma Professional Plan, and I have question regarding if. What will happen to all of the files that I’ve created within that Figma Plan Team? I have owner ship of 4 years work in Figma and I really do not want to delete them after leaving the team.
Did anyone had similar case?
I think you may make another user the owner and then leave the team
Hey Dominik, I’d also suggest transferring the ownership of your team.
Here is how you do it:
- Open the team in Figma and select the Members in the menu bar.
- Navigate to a user who you would like to transfer the ownership.
- Click their existing Team permissions and select Owner.
- Figma will ask you to confirm the transfer. It’s not possible to undo this action, but the new owner can transfer ownership again. Click Transfer ownership to confirm.
- Figma will make that member the owner and give the previous owner an admin role on the team instead.
You can read more details on our help center article below:
Please feel free to get back in touch if there’s anything else we can help with.
@Gayani_S thanks for reply!
I’m not the owner of the team. I’m admin or editor. Don’t remember right now.
So in that case I don’t need to transfer ownership of the team. Question is what happens to the files in the team where I am listed as the owner?
If you are the owner of any team files or projects, Figma will transfer ownership of those projects or files to the current owner of the team when you leave. But we do recommend transferring any ownerships of the files before you leave.