Launched: Manual resizing of sticky notes

Here’s another voice in favor of adding resize functionality to sticky notes. Should also add a decent table and Mindmap components, or extend the plugin API to support other events on the canvas like mouse hovering, dragging and in-node text editing (only node click event is supported currently). This will let developers do more useful implementations.

Each time I try to do my analysis/planning in FigJam, I feel that FigJam is a great tool that has huge potential as a future popular whiteboarding tool, but it just lacks some small features that are crucial for production like the ones above.

is that a joke?

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
I want the sticky note to resize horizontally too for long titles.
And can we have multiple text style in one sticky note?
Because I want to use it for work and define the title and then the points in different text in the same note.

7 Likes

Would love the flexibility to resize Sticky Notes and have the text size also increase/decrease in size. Having fixed text styles doesn’t provide enough variety.

1 Like

Resizable sticky notes would be super helpful. Would also be good if they looked more like sticky notes and less just like a square - Miro for reference

1 Like

+1 agree

1 Like

+100 agree

1 Like

I have been waiting for this for soooo long…

1 Like

+1 to this, at least have preset sizes to choose from.
It their current form, stickies are useless.

+1 resizable sticky notes would be super helpful

Another +1 for resizable sticky notes! Would love this, so I can dump Miro

1 Like

+1 for resizable sticky notes. Using square shapes instead and it feels weird.

Please get this feature. Trying to convince my company to get Figma licensing. Resizing sticky notes is a dealbreaker. At least provide a workaround for this. Thank You.

+1 would also like to have this feature

The resizing of sticky notes is a must have. FigJam team please have this feature, it is much needed. Thanks

I literally do not understand why it’s been ALMOST A YEAR and yet, sticky notes are NOT RESIZABLE. I would say if this was still in beta, yeah, I guess that’s alright, BUT WE ARE NOT. I am bubbling bubbling with fury. When I start setting up for a workshop or a research activity feeling all accomplished and filled with pride–I’m crushed the moment I paste a sticky. The size ratio of content to sticky is laughable. Resizing then becomes the bane of my existence and I just want to cry and throw my laptop into the river.

I feel like I’m being emotional whiplashed by FigJam and I’m in a rotten relationship with a tool that does not listen to my needs, but I desperately want to make it work. FIX THIS.

3 Likes

I share the same frustration. The sticky I have is puny and each sticky seems to have arbitrary size in my Figjam. I can’t believe this feature hasn’t been implemented from the core ground up.

+1. The templates (e.g. User Personas) are ridiculous in size compared to sticky notes, and don’t shrink well.

Hey everyone, you can now resize stickies! YAY!

1 Like

This doesn’t seem to be working when I drag horizontally. Does work vertically. Am I missing something obvious?

1 Like