Launched: Customizable Color Palette and Cursor Sizes in FigJam

+1 from me. I like to use Figjam to make flow diagrams with my company’s design system colors and currently I have to create assets in a throwaway Figma design file and copy+paste them into Figjam if I want to use those colors.

1 Like
  • More color options
  • Transparency control
  • Fill % control
3 Likes

joeneme

Colors are an issue from multiple aspects:

• ADA/Usability: the muted colors need more contrast
  • Flexibility and versatility: to convey meaning through color
  • Differentiation: limited capacity for change requires user to use space, lines and text to add more meaning
  • Longevity: color palette is based on current color preferences and not historic preferences indicating a short lifespan

Lines

• The line quality is poor compared to Figma.
  • Low contrast
  • Lacks sharpness
  • Minimal control
  • Outlines lack contrast

One.
I’m an avid InVision freehand user. In fact, without an interviewer asking me to use this FigJam board, I’d never have tried your platform. I BELIEVE YOU HAVE JUST DETHRONED INVISION AS THE BEST DIGITAL WHITEBOARDING APP. Which, blows my mind…

Two.
I’d love to see the ability for users to customize their color choices, to use shades / tints of the palette, and more.

Three.
Also, the ability to highlight an element, similar to how InVision does it, is invaluable for drawing attention to specific words, shapes, drawings, and more.

Thanks all,

J

+1. Custom colours would be great.

BTW, the current red colour is actually orange, even when filling shapes.

I thought it was because of the low sRGB color on my screen and causing the red to turn orange, thanks for sharing.

+ 1. Different people like different colours. Don’t be a dictator! :wink:

When is this feature coming out? I might have to switch to a different product if I’m not able to choose more colors soon. It’s hard to affinitize when I have more participants than I have colors.

1 Like

Hey All,

While we don’t have an exact timeline to provide on a customizable color palette or cursor sizes…

With plugins now available for FigJam, there’s new plugins available in our community that may help in the meantime. Here’s an example:

Either I’m really missing this in the UI or does FigJam only support 8 colors of sticky notes? I’m trying to collaborate with a team of 10 and I really need to have support for more colors than the 8 pre-defined colors

I have to also mention that the color palette of FigJam is quite hard to use in terms of accessibility for colorblind people. Having an option in FigJam to display all colors with correction for different color deficiencies would be good.

With my plugin Paint you can easily easily use your own color palettes in FigJam! :art:

Let me know if you have any ideas for features that I should add!

Me esta encantando figjam, solo que es un poco molesto no poder tener toda la paleta extendida, se que hicieron este movimiento para simplificar este programa, solo que me gustaria que haya una opcion “avanzada” para usar cualquier color como en figma normal, igualmente ampliar la paleta ya preestablecida para poder expandir la utilidad de figjam.

This is a feature request: please give us more colors and text options!

Thanks,
Fabio

2 Likes

Please add more color and text size options!

2 Likes

I have been working in FigJam with my team for sometime now and the biggest issue we have is we do not have enough color selections. Please add more colors.

1 Like

Hey all, we’re excited to announce new colors for stickies as well as customizable colors for shapes! :art:

1 Like

I think you should go back to limited color options.
In my opinion the simplicity of FigJam is what makes it magical.
Please don’t ruin it by making things overly complex like Lucid Chart or Draw.io.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add secondary colors for sticky notes