Bug: Problem with typing in Korean (Hangul)

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
    I got a few reports that text function works weirdly when typing Korean these days. (the video below was taken a week ago, and I still have the same issue)
    it gets better after rebooting Figma completely, but it is not the best solution.

Korean people are having the same issue these days, hereโ€™s a reference from Korean community;

1. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)

2. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
    (e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?, etc.

Is there any way I can solve this problem as a user? Or is Figma team already working on this bug? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

16 Likes

@Josh
Hi, Josh! Could you check this issue?
Iโ€™m also suffering this problem and it makes harder to use figma :frowning:

We just pushed a fix related to the Font Agent for Figma. You may need to restart your computer though to get the latest. Not 100% sure if this is related but worth trying first.

3 Likes

Thanks for the fast action! I donโ€™t have the issue anymore, but since the bug happened intermittently, I will keep my eyes on it a little longer. :+1:

2 Likes

Hello, I am still facing the same problem on Figma. It makes me feel tired since I have to write a bunch of Korean letters everyday. Hope this problem will be solved soon!

2 Likes

Hello. I have the same problem. Itโ€™s so annoying. Thank you for mentioning it! :slight_smile:

Same problem :disappointed_relieved:

Yes Im also having the same issue(error).
Due to this problem, I waste too much of my time whenever I work.๐Ÿฅฒ

I have the same problem

Please Fix it :confused:

Same problem

When using Korean fonts, there are times when consonants and vowels are separated or two letters are written! Itโ€™s very uncomfortable. Itโ€™s probably a problem that all Korean users experience:(
When can these problems be improved?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

When typing in Hangul, the letter breaks into each alphabets (second line).
I think there is a bug in Font Agent for Figma. It is critical for users whoโ€™re using Korean. Waiting your quick responses.

+ Iโ€™m currently using MacOS Big Sur, Latest version of Figma.

1 Like

I found that it had occured and fixed before.
You can check it at this link below:

https://forum.figma.com/t/it-works-weirdly-when-typing-korean/7478

+ OK, this is just the Desktop app problem not the web.

Still have a this problem. Check plz.

Still have a this problem too :thinking: check plz/

Having a same problem here too :frowning: