Solved: Is there a way to increase font size in FigJam?

All I’m seeing is the options for Normal, Heading, Subheading and Title. For a really big board / activity, is there any way to increase the font size?

11 Likes

You can copy and paste text from Figma design files to get larger sizes. It displays as custom in the FigJam type size selectors. It’s a hack but works when you need readable copy at zoomed out scales

I think the hack mention is the only option beyond the 4 type sizes provided.

My two biggest complaints about Figjam are this (limited font size control) and no ability to adjust line weight beyond thin/thick. Color isn’t as a big a deal, but that’s limited too.

4 Likes

Hope this gets sorted soon. Its a bit of a deal breaker for me.

4 Likes

+1 for this improvement

1 Like

I too would love to see user configurable text sizes (or let an admin define them in a shared style library)

This is really needed, up voting, it makes Figjam really unusable.

I assume all of us need such a natural need as per text.

I cannot use FigJam bc of this. I will use Mural every time bc the text sizes don’t need adjusting every single time I type anything. The default font size is much too small. I want a way to change defaults.

1 Like

Just bumping this as a great idea :^)

1 Like

+1 for this, really want this improvement!

+1. The largest and smallest font can’t be read together at the same time, the variation in size is too big. It’s the only thing that stops me from using fig jam

+1 to everything everyone else has already said.

Bumped. Would be nice if font size was just a number you can change like in most other applications

1 Like

This is bizarre. I keep thinking there is something wrong with my browser or laptop. How can this still be a problem? Really does limit the use of FigJam to just super crude collaboration, but that doesn’t give with some of the FigJam templates I see out there, whose text actually comes in as “Custom.” Huge UX miss here.

You can now select a custom font size within FigJam. Hope this helps!

1 Like

This menu does not show up for me reliably. Using the Figma concept map template, none of the bubbles can adjust text size. If I paste text it comes with the original formatting. If I Shift + cmd + V paste text it takes the bubble formatting but is too small to read. No menu like this appears for the text box and all of the options under text > adjust are greyed out.

If I add a custom text box it doesn’t stick to or affect the size of the bubble.

Thank you.

Is there an option for the connecting arrows? There doesn’t seem to be a way to adjust the text within a connecting arrow.

1 Like

Hey @Amanda15,

Sorry, but no. There is no way to edit text on a connecting arrow. The best workaround would be removing the text from the connector then manually adding editable text instead.

Thank you!

1 Like