Is Figma lowering video resolution as it does with images?

Hello!
I’m having a little problem with the new video tool. Basically, I have a video that I want to use, it’s a cyber city with some particles going around. When I add the video to the Design Mode, the thumbnail appears in good quality, even the first time that I start the Presentation Mode the video looks really crisp as the original, however, the moment I add that video to a component or do whatever (resizing, add a shape, etc…) when I go into Presentation Mode the resolution lowers A LOT.

Is Figma doing the same thing it does with images? Thank you in advance for any kind of response.

5 Likes

same issue

I have very low quality on my videos as well.
Seems as if the middle part is getting a quality increase and the last part is (almost) native resolution.

But as it seems to be loading the file, it doesn’t because on loop, the first again is super blurry on like 320p resolution, and nothing improves actually.

Is there anybody who has resolved this?
I started a payed team account for this, but as this doesn’t seem to deliver quality as I need it for my presentations, this seems like a no-go.

Hey Martijn, would you mind if I create a support ticket on your behalf. Our technical qualty team can take a look at this issue.

1 Like