šŸ‘‹ Introduce yourself!

Hi all, Obare from Nairobi, Kenya.

Iā€™m an awesome Product Designer
Be safe and stay healthy

2 Likes

Srsly this introduction thing is pretty annoying when you have a problem that you have been trying to solve for 3 days and no answer is possible. It is driving me nuts

1 Like

Hi I am Ben, I am getting really frustrated with something I am having trouble figuring it out. This Forum is a black hole for my time and patience. But to hell with it, I need to do this intro thing to get on with the job.

1 Like

Hello Masha. I am looking for designer and like minded people living in the Boston area. I am hoping to interact with you and get your input on various projects that I am adding to my portfolio. I appreciate your time and hope to hear from you soon.

1 Like

Hello Everyone. I am Malik Dixon. I have been working with Figma for four years. I have taken many Figma Courses from ZTM to Design and code and DesignCourse.com. I live in the Boston area and looking for like minded and skilled professional that I can bounce my ideas and work to increase my skill set. I hope to know your all.

3 Likes

Hey folks, my name is Mike and Iā€™m from sunny (:cloud:) London, UK. Iā€™ve been designing for the web and mobile apps since 2011 or so. You can find me on the Twitters @m_stez. Iā€™ve been using Figma since 2017 and have been enjoying it ever since. Excited to join the online community here and share ideas for how to improve Figma further!

Hope to see you around :wave:

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Karin, part of the team that develops plugins over at LottieFiles, and I hail from Malaysia :slight_smile: Looking forward to interacting more on the forums!

3 Likes

Hi guys
Iā€™m brand new to this forum but Iā€™ve been the number one fan of Figma for years. Iā€™m from warm and happy Durban, South Africa and Iā€™m moving to Munich, Germany in the coming months. Iā€™m busy shifting from my work account to my personal account as I explore personal projects and creative tasks.

Iā€™m a UI UX designer with a passion for App design and love UX thinking, brainstorming and finding solutions that will change the lives of users. In my spare time, I love reading (like ā€¦ a lot), playing the guitar, dancing and running.

Iā€™ve joined this community because I love how active Figma is with bringing in new features that often solve a problem I didnā€™t even know I had. Iā€™d love to add my voice to the crowd and be a part of making this app and community even better.

Excited to be here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi from Munich :pretzel:

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I just started a new role as UX Designer for the Department of Education of NSW, Australia. Iā€™d love to keep in contact with all you smart people to help me understand better and find smart solutions for future projects using Figma. I am sure we all can collaborate with each other to make the most of this fantastic tool and bring the best to our users.

Thank you.

Bests,

Rod

2 Likes

Hi all, Jesse from Atlanta in the US. I do UX, strategy, and other design things for a small digital agency. Recent Figma convert and loving it so far.

2 Likes

I feel you! Looks like I have to introduce myself as well, and then ask for some help. :rofl:

UPDATE:
Mabuhay! Silke here, from Germany.
Wait, what? She said mabuhay, but is from Germany?
Yep. Deal with it!

I do not need help anymore, because I found (and voted for) the thing I am missing.

1 Like

Iā€™m Andy from Edinburgh, Iā€™m working on my third design system (three companies) using Figma for the past three years.

Every year I tell myself Iā€™m going to build components and never get there. Iā€™m always active on webinars to keep learning for myself and my team.

My portfolio is at: https://just-andy.uk/

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
I am Courtney, a Sr. UI/UX Design Lead based in Chicago. My team calls me a Figma evangelist because anytime I can share excitement for Figma and all the possibilities it presents, they get inspired and excited to try new things.

When not in front of a computer screen you can find me playing fetch with my two cats (Cheeto & Ziggy), chatting with friends over coffee, or catching up on tv/podcasts/movies.

Excited to be part of this community!
Reach out if you ever want to chat: https://twitter.com/c_falconer1

4 Likes

Hey there, nice to meet yā€™all!

Iā€™m Mattia and I am a brand identity designer based in Italy.
I started using Figma 5 months ago while designing a website for a local client; since then, Iā€™ve been learning a new feature, tool or thing that you can do with it every single day.

When Iā€™m not searching for new fonts to use and test, you can surely find me tasting some good wine or chilling around with some good music.

Glad to be part of this!
If you want to connect you can find me on Instagram: Login ā€¢ Instagram

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Bookie Oshin Iā€™m an analyst and really curious about UX/UI and how it works. That curiosity landed me here. Any tips, ideas would help a great deal. Ux/UI is the next big thing for me. :blush:

3 Likes

Hi, My name is Kerry Davis. I am a technical founder of a new health company called BioZen. However, I am VERY new to all things UI/UX as my background is as a realtime embedded C developer and standards body architect for mainly Telecom/Datacom and HVEV vehicles and batteries. My closest experience to Figma or Sketch is Powerpoint until now.

However, logic and process flows along with prototyping is actually nothing new in the world of embedded development and even HW circuits (think about multilayer pin traces on a circuit board and you have an example of a VERY complicated flow). Every software or hardware architect benefits from animated logic flows and prototyping.

We hired a team to design our app wire frames and they chose a combination of Sketch+Invision (which requires Craft??)+Zeplin and we hired 2 product managers. One tried to use Jira as a project tool (sprints) and the other wanted an extremely static PRD (Product Requirement Document) with everything defined all at once (which is clearly impossible when working on almost any design but especially when there is proprietary hardware and back end APIā€™s). Jira is great to track progress but it misses alot of the behind the scenes architecture and while they love to use the word ā€œAgileā€, which it technically is very iterative (aka SLOW) it is also very inefficient without a good flow design laid out.

Telcordia/Belcore uses textual standards requirements to create that flow. And if you have great visualization skills and A LOT of patience that works (but is VERY painful even if you have those skills). Essentially a picture is worth a thousand words.

So after MONTHS of failure on both our product managers (who butted heads constantly anyway). I bit the bullet and started learning what was possible. And about that time Zeplin introduced flows. Which was great. Until I found out that the flows did NOT lead instantly to a prototype. When I asked them why, their response was ā€œWhy would you need it?ā€. Thatā€™s one of those questions where the answer is so obvious I was kinda insulted by it. So I didnā€™t respond.

Then someone on the Zeplin FB page said to just use Figma for all of it. Variants at the frame/screen layer, components that are interactive, much more powerful animations than I found in Invision and instant prototyping from any starting point. And while there is certainly room for improvement (eventually I would like to click a button and produce a PWA app complete with launch icon and offline capability), this is far and away a better way of developing and passing detail architectural design to developers without a 100 page PRD. And I have nothing against tracking with Jira except that it seems to be an excuse to hire 20-30 mindless coders when 3 good ones could do the job (sorry if that offends anyone).

At any rate, now you know who I am. I promise my future posts will be much shorter and quicker to the point!

As for my first suggestionā€¦

I love the fact that you can click on a frame in prototype mode and all the flow lines not relevant to that frame disappear. Being able to route flow lines in a more organized way is one thing Zeplin does better (but 25% increment scaling and their limit of 250 frames eliminates that advantage because while they have the concept of variants you canā€™t really use them to flow)

My suggestion is to not only make the non relevant flow lines disappear BUT also make non relevant frames disappear (or at least change their opacity to 10%). And define relevant as IMMEDIATE parent(s) of the selected frame AND ALL descendants of the the selected frame. And as soon as the user tries to create a new flow line from a component, bring all the frames back into focus (100% opacity).

2 Likes

Hi Josh

and Good day Figma team!
What is the essence of my feedback to you!

I am writing to you so that you would take note of the plugins in Figma. I wish plugins would work as a smart solution in the future! That is, if I letā€™s select or click shapes, the type of object would be cool if the plugins had Smart ā€œsortingā€ or offered those ā€œPluginsā€ that can interact with this object!

Then I can understand how I can interact with them or use themā€¦ Otherwise, I have installed them all, but I forget what they are for!

I hope we understand each other! And sorry my bad English Google Translate etc

Hey guysļ¼Œhere is Sam from China :laughing:

2 Likes

Hey I am Prabhu from Bangalore, India. A Product and Industrial Designer. Currently Leading Visual Design of www.nbyula.com. Cheers if u visualise 3D!

2 Likes