👋 Introduce yourself!

Hi there! :wave:

I’m Robi, and I’m currently working on Jitter, which is a simple animation tool on the web (kind of like Figma, but for motion design).

I’m using Figma every day, and I’m blown away by what this company and this community have accomplished in the past few years – this is both inspiring and humbling. Hope I can bring back to the community as much as Figma has been bringing to me!

Looking forward to chatting with you guys, and please reach out if I can help in any way – I’ll do my best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi I’m a student at SMC and can’t wait to get to know how Figma works

2 Likes

Welcome! Definitely check out our getting started series on YT: New to Figma? Get started with "Figma for beginners" tutorials - YouTube

Hey everyone!

I’m Staton :wave:

I’m a Sr. UX Designer at Sherwin-Williams where I helped drive the onboarding of Figma to our UX team in 2019.

I’m a Design System advocate, car nerd, and lover of pretty much everything design.

Looking forward to becoming more involved here and getting to know some of ya’ll.

2 Likes

Heeello figmalions! Angel here!

I have 11 years of experience working in UX, UI and all those fancy buzzwords but only 3 weeks in with Figma. Up until now I’ve been using Sketch and though I was really pleased with it I started working at a new company where the common language between teams is Figma and I have to say, I’m very impressed!

I keep re-learning things every day and right now I’m very curious to learn about best practices to manage assets, states and devices within a single Design System in Figma.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi peeps,
I am a brand experience designer based in Los Angeles, U.S.
Looking forward to learn more about Figma :smiley: and to meet the community.
Excited to build some cool stuff here. :rocket: :metal:

3 Likes

Hello! I am Legend Macaulay and you can find me as @whois_legend on Twitter. I am brand new to this tool and looking for all the help I can get. My main preoccupation is motion design but I am looking into understanding Figma for a project I am collaborating on and also testing the waters that is interaction/product design.

Please feel free to connect and point me in the direction of good practices that will get me up and running. And advise me, if you will. Thank you.

5 Likes

Hola everyone :wave:

My name is Javi and I’m a Product Designer based in Berlin. I’m a part of the product team at Tribe. We’re building a platform for companies and brands to build social apps, and use Figma heavily within the company.

I’ve been using Figma for over 3 years and recently put together a tutorial series that teaches how to create an interactive prototype of the Google search homepage, among other related videos.

I’d love to get more involved in the Figma Community :slight_smile: See you around!

5 Likes

Hey everyone :wave:

My name is Kevin and I’m UI Design Lead for the Holiday Extras Group in the UK. I’ve only been using Figma for just over a year now, since I moved the group away from Sketch and Abstract, but now we rely on it pretty heavily for our UI component library, usability testing and prototyping.

I have a few files published to the community, so check them out and I’m really excited to see what we can do with animation and interactive components.

Feel free to get in touch anytime to talk design-ery stuff!

3 Likes

Hi everyone! :raising_hand_woman: :raising_hand_man:

I’m Alexis Benavides. I represent a small but fantastic and hardworking devshop called Digita Studio. I’m the Lead Designer and I’ve been using Figma since 2016. Figma is an amazing, lifechangin tool and we’re looking forward to learn and explore with all of you!

Happy designing!

4 Likes

Hello !

I’m a French engineer based in Lisboa & currently working on a Figma Plugin for Jitter (like Figma for motion design).
I love to collaborate with people working in Art/Design, and that’s how I created Smiirl. I am impressed by Figma (product, tech & company).
Can’t wait to release plugins for Figma Community.
:v:

3 Likes

Hey I’m new! In from Teneessee, now in Los Angeles, I cast TV & now I’m also a website designer! Super excited to be here!

2 Likes

Hello. Gen Z crypto enthusiast here. I’m very excited about Decentralized Apps and DeFi space in general. Let me know if anyone is interested to build and design stuff in this space

2 Likes

Hello everyone :wave:, my name is Vishal Alkari, I recently started a web design course over Udemy and came across this amazing tool called Figma!
I’m a beginner in this field so hope ya’ll can guide me develop further!

Cheers!:clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Hello everyone.
My name is Ganesh Patil and I’m a Full Stack Developer in India. I’ve recently started working as a freelancer and I find it’s easier to show designs and prototypes to my clients and make the changes. I wish to learn more about designing through this forum.
I’d love to contribute to this community in any way possible. Thank you :grin:

2 Likes

Hello there. I’m a Lead UX Designer. 10+ years in the field. 3+ years with Figma. Thank you Figma team for this awesome tool.

2 Likes

Hi guys, my name is Spike! I am a product designer/creator, a huge fan of Figma, based in Sydney. @SpikeYuan on twitter. I post my assets and products regularly. :clap:

2 Likes

Hi, I am Fope Ebhota or @McFrase on Twitter. I am a member of the Community Advocate for Lagos, Nigeria. I have been a UI/UX designer with other tools and didn’t fully fall in love with this beautiful tool Figma until late 2020. I am still improving my skills and would love to keep learning from every area.

On the other hand, I am a web developer (Frontend to be precise) and always try to create designs and execute them through code.

It is nice to be here.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Grüezi from :switzerland: ! I’m Thomas and happy to discuss and contribute to the development of Figma.
If you happen to stumble over one of my comments they are probably written through the eyes of a dinosaur in design and user experience :wink:

1 Like

Hi everyone! :wave:t4: I’m Jose Estrada and you can find me @nadiemedicejose almost everywhere on the internet. Currently living in Hermosillo, Sonora.

Whenever I’m not trying to find out a missing semicolon on my code or designing my next awesome project, I’m probably watching films :clapper: or catching up on my favorite series :tv:. I update my watchlist frequently. Also, I enjoy reading :books: or listening to an audiobook or podcast :headphones:, and learning a foreign language.

2 Likes