I keep losing my images after merging branches

Hi @Michael_Kliehm,

It sounds like you didn’t come across with this problem while merging, but copying over from one file to another, am I correct?

I’d recommend filing a ticket with support, but I’ll also try to get some eyes from the right team for this issue.

Thank you!

@kiko Yes, I was copying frames from another file into an already huge file when I got the dreadful message that Figma chose to delete the pictures included and render ALL of my work useless while claiming the images were corrupted when in reality, Figma just couldn’t cope with large file sizes and had a reload problem (that was solved by collecting everything for export instead of reloading the tab - so multiple bugs there). So multiple bugs there.

I don’t want to go down the ticket rabbit hole with someone with bad English in an underpaid third-world country where I only get useless replies with tips from the FAQ that I already read, I’d much rather switch back to Sketch or change to Adobe XP if Figma doesn’t deliver. Ensuring file integrity is the BARE MINIMUM I would expect from a company that based its whole application on storing files on central servers. If this doesn’t work, projects are corrupted and my whole agency has to sit and wait for servers to be functional again, we’ll just use something reliably instead.

Just a heads up @Michael_Kliehm - I sent you a DM to follow up on your issue.

I’m having this same issue but when trying to restore from history — or I’m not really sure how it happened, but I can’t seem to get back some really crucial images in a figjam file. Is there any way I can get them back? The behavior is just as described by others in this thread, but in a figjam with seemingly no prompting, and then when I tried to restore from history to get them back they disappear when I try to access them.

Hello,

I’m experiencing the same issue when I try to copy and paste from one account to another; everything else copies over just fine (shapes, texts, etc.) but images get broken - please help. I’m using the browser version.

Thanks,
Daniel

1 Like

Also experiencing the same issue as @Daniel_Jaeger. It happens to me in both browser and desktop app. Thanks

Been having this issue still in the last couple of months. Really can’t tell why it only happens to some images, but it can be very frustrating, and leads to the branch feature basically waisting time for me. :frowning:

This just happened to me. Definitely not fixed!
Another bummer is even if you go back to the branch and copy the asset, it still pastes as blank. So yeah, definitely something pretty funky going on.

I’ve same problem. When I copy frame’s from one Figma file to another (on another account) I’m loosing all images.

I would be grateful if anyone knows a way to do this differently.

Same issue happening in 2024…had to revert back to an older copy, ugh.