I haven't been creating character styles as I go, can I do it afterwards?

I’m building an e-commerce site for the first time in Figma, the font hasn’t been chosen yet so I’ve been using “Arial” to get started.

A lot of the site has been built out now and it’s time to finalise the fonts. I was hoping there was a plugin or feature that would allow you to bulk create character styles from an entire document, which would allow you to go into the character styles panel after and just alter the fonts for each of the generated styles.

Any suggestions?

Hi @jordan6, Thank you for reaching out and sharing your challenge with us. I understand how this situation could be time consuming.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a native feature to bulk create character styles from an entire file. However, this sounds like a valuable idea for a feature request! I encourage you to share your thoughts in the “Share an Idea” category.

Meanwhile, I’ve explored our community for possible solutions. While I couldn’t find a perfect match for your needs, I did come across some plugins that might help with creating text styles from selected layers:

I hope these plugins can offer some assistance! Feel free to explore on your own: https://www.figma.com/community

If anyone from our community has additional plugins or tips to suggest, please feel free to share them here.

Thanks again for reaching out!