How to stop receiving ghost Team Library update notification

I am setting up a new design system on a Figma Team.
Since some weeks I keep receiving ghost Team Library update notification every time I open the file on which I am building the set-up.
Ghost-Team-Library-Update-Notification-1

As soon as I click on it to see what’s there to update, it shows nothing.

What’s even more awkward is that this is a new Figma Team and basically no Team Libraries had been published previously (I am setting the first one up for this Team).

This problem only affects the particular Figma File where I am setting up and does not happen on other Files/Projects.

Has anybody else ever experienced this and could kindly provide some hints of a solution?
Thanks.

1 Like

This feels like something you should direct to support@figma.com directly.

2 Likes

This happens to me from time to time. Sometimes it’ll say it’s updating something I haven’t touched in weeks. I have been clicking “dismiss” but it is distracting.

Oh yeh you’re right. Sorry I got confused with the name Figma Support Forum.

1 Like

+1. Can confirm the same behavior.

1 Like

I am getting the same update notification in my files. We have a well established design system with a team that works specifically on our design system so I am used to seeing the update as they update components etc. but the past few days it has been giving me an update warning and when I click on it, there are not updates.

Since last week, my work file shows there are pending updates from our components file. When I click Update or Update all, however, nothing happens. The updates list shows the same old pending items.

Is there a way to solve this? This bug is really annoying.

Thanks for any help.

One thing that may help is publishing a library again. Try to unpublish and republish the library that have an error. Unpublishing a library won’t break any existing connections with subscribed files.

If that doesn’t help, reach out to Figma support team via the bug report form.

An attempt to replace one of the buggy components by a new instance gave me the message “An error occurred while adding an instance of this component”:

This suggests the bug is in the master, and not in the instance.

@Gleb, IMO this is not the same bug. As I told before, “my work file shows there are pending updates from our components file”. My list of updates is not empty:

The two bugs may be related, but they are not the same.

Sorry I misunderstood you. “An error occurred while adding an instance of this component” is a very important factor here. Check out this thread in this case:

I’m already testing it, and my first attempt fixed the first component. So far so good.

So I managed to fix all components. There were actually two buggy ones, the other two are components which use instances of these. For other users who may encounter this problem, I stress it is mandatory to use the Reload Tab command to update the file that has the instances, otherwise the fix won’t work.

I hope the devs are following this and they fix this bug ASAP :wink: