How to measure assets with effects, strokes

Hi there!

Im having a hard time measuring assets with strokes and shadows, any kinda blurs etc for dev team to work with. Currently masking them does the job for strokes but i cant be precise for shadows and blurs with that method and its a bit of a barbaric way anyways i guess :slight_smile:

Im open for any kinda suggestions or any different way, better way to measure things the right way. How you guys do that?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi there.

Iโ€™d like to have some suggestions too. I make UI for a Unity project, and the developer would like to make measurements that include shadows around the objects.

I figured out a bit less barbaric but quite tedious way to do it โ€” select element on the canvas > Figma menu > Object > Rasterize selection. Thatโ€™s how you get the resulting size of the element without exporting it. But if you have a shadow with offset, you have to carefully put your object in the frame/slice to match its position in the rasterized layer.

Well, this way began to feel as much barbaric after Iโ€™ve described it. :sweat_smile:

Would appreciate any advice.

1 Like