How can I work with two Roboto types that have the same name but have different appearances?

Good afternoon,

We’re having some issues with the use of two fonts in Figma. We are working on a project where we have to use the Roboto font.

We have Roboto installed in the computer, but it seems that there is a Google Fonts version that is called exactly the same, and for some reason, Figma gives priority to that GoogleFonts version.

The thing is that they don’t look exactly the same, some numbers and letters are slightly different and our client requires the computer installed version (not the GoogleFonts).

We’d like to know if there is any way to use the computer version (instead of the GoogleFonts version) so that we can meet our client’s expectation.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.
Kind regards, before post! Press :mag: at the upper right to search.

When the font is installed on the computer and available to Figma (either when using the Figma desktop app or having the Figma font helper installed), that one always takes the priority. Also what language are you typing the text in? Can you share a screenshot of the difference you are seeing?

The language of the text with which I work is Spanish.

I attach an image of the two Robotos, the one that Figma lets me use and the one that I have installed on my computer and that Figma does not detect me. You will see that they are different.

I believe that since both are called by the same name “Roboto”, Figma automatically only detects Google Fonts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.