HELP! It keep pushing me component update published 3months ago, and it can't update my latest changes

Hi Figma team and all,

I encounter a weird bug after the Figma update. My asset update list keeps appearing with the components I have updated and published long ago (10 days, 1 month, 3 months ago), these historical changes occupy my list and do not respond to my update request. I published new changes to them, but they still won’t update all my files with no error alert. It’s been like this for a few days.

I wonder if anyone has encountered this situation as well? How can I solve this problem?
Thanks

6 Likes

I also encountered this. I am here looking for solution, too.

You can try to unpublish and then publish your library again, some components that are not updatable will be updated. But after some time, another wave of these not-updatable components will appear again.

Looks like a bug of Figma, huh.

1 Like

yes, it looks like it happened to a lot of users. I did that already, it always reappears the same and 4 items. 3 of my 4 items are related to button components. Hope they are aware and fix it ASAP.

I have a design library. We created a button that is used broadly across hundreds of pages. We made a change to the button accidentally and it got pushed out. Of course all of the call to action buttons changed to the Default. Fortunately that was done during a period where it was convenient to Revert the changes from the History menu. This represents a huge risk to the entire project if someone accidentally pushes a change or doesn’t see the button checked on the update list. How do we manage this safely?

I am also experiencing the same bug. I have some changes in my button component file that all other files seem okay with. However, one design file that i am currently working on, always shows that there are updates and no matter how many times I update the components from the published changes, it still shows that there are updates.

Does anyone have experience reaching out to Figma support for troubleshooting?

1 Like

I am experiencing the exact same problem, hope it is fixed soon.

1 Like

Same, bump!

1 Like

Yes, I can publish components multiple times, and the changes just do not appear in Figjam (neither a prompt to update them nor any automatic updates). I’m stuck on the definition from a few weeks ago.

I am using these widgets in a diagram connected with arrows and it is impossible to exchange a widget without removing it WITH ALL arrows and recreating everything.
I can basically remake the complete diagram as soon as I want a change in my widgets to be visible there.

I created this (related) bug entry a while ago: Preview for Variants in FigJam is wrong

Same here. Any updates from Figma?

1 Like

It is getting a bit annoying. It doesn’t appear to be hurting anything but the constant review notification is a pain

2 Likes

Same here. I could update the component on other files linked to the library, but for some reason one file seems to be corrupted and one component don’t update. Instead I see a message asking me to update the file with an old version.
Figma, a solution is requested here!

1 Like

Ok, I actually find out why I could not update the component. I should have thought about it,…
They were a conflict between different variants because I duplicated some but forgot to update their properties.

Once the conflict resolved, the component could update without any problem.
I hope this can help some of you.

Chhers,
Clémence

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.