Guest Comments & Voting for Clients w/o Account

Badly need this right now! Our client just sent us multiple screenshots with their comments. I was about to inform them to comment directly without knowing they needed to create an account to do so.

NOT having this feature is being disruptive to our flow of communication and collaboration. Definitely defeats the purpose of presenting and sending prototypes for feedback.

3 Likes

We work with multiple clients who need to comment on prototypes. Since being forced to create an account our engagement with comments on prototypes have significantly decreased vs when we used XD.

This feature would better help us fully transition to Figma 100% vs using Figma internally and XD for client-side projects…

1 Like

Commenting as Guest is a must @Figma_support. Collaboration is sigificantly reduced since this has been taken off.

5 Likes

Similar to others, getting pushback on Figma due to not being able to easily share with external stakeholders

1 Like

It’s really a weird stuff not being able to add a comment without registrating in Figma.

I work in a no digital company and stakeholders are not used to register in a tool just to add a comment. Thus, the interaction is based in the good old infinite email threads.

Totally agree. Actually this is a must have. We’re heavy Figma users but think about switching to Frames as this is inacceptable.

Does anybody at Figma know if there is a status on this, will it happen? I would love to switch to Figma but I can’t until this is resolved.

Figma is too busy with silly AI integrations and partnerships with Zoom, forgetting about their users and what they actually need to do their job on a day-to-day basis. As someone who uses Figma for 90% of their business for several years, I’ve been quite disappointed in Figma for the last year…did Adobe take over already? Sure seems like it with the shift away from focusing on what core users need.

1 Like

@Figma_support Any updates on this? I understand users cannot even see the comments without registering?

6 Likes

I need to send a feedback board a 50 screens in 4 languages for like at least 10 people to review. They aren’t tech savvy and they’re employees of my client, I can’t ask for each person to Sign Up!

I’ll have to go with a tool other than Figma I guess.

4 Likes

We need this feature. Push!

2 Likes

Yes, we really need this feature too, ASAP

1 Like

Hey! trying to switch my team over but this is definitely holding us back. Can there be any response to this? I get that it could gather more sign-ups but damn that feels pretty low.

Come on, Figma team! It’s 2024! How is this still an issue?? :sob:

2 Likes

Seriously. The plugin is honestly more work than creating PDFs… let’s just add a way to add comments as a guest please!

1 Like

Genuine shock (and a little dismay) to realize this is an issue right as my agency is preparing to switch to Figma. It’s frankly ridiculous to require clients to create an account to see work we’ve prepared for them, especially since our current method (Invision) is seamless in that regard.

This really needs to be better managed. We’re not always working with clients that will use Figma again, or the project doesn’t entirely live in Figma. When the best workaround is paying over $200 a year for a 3rd party plugin OR exporting as a PDF, none of this makes sense.

1 Like

How is this not yet possible? Figma, how about pausing your DEV MODE features and simply allowing all my clients to leave guest comments instead of forcing them to create a free account they don’t want? It’s really, really annoying. I left Adobe XD for Figma last year, and XD was able to do this. Come on.

3 Likes

XD can do this. How is Figma not there yet? This is a must for the best user experience with collaborating with our clients.

5 Likes

We need this feature. We can’t force clients to register for an account when we just want to gather some comments from them on a prototype.

3 Likes