Font Management tool on Figma

Working on Adobe files, people usually advise you to use Font Management tool such as Suitcase Fusion or Font Explorer. This is because fonts weigh a lot and this can be irritating when working on heavy files. Though for UX point of view, custom fonts are always better for larger viewers but as you go further into more creative clients, specific and well designed fonts can be very useful for design point of view.
Just a suggestion, it would be nice to have this tool for Font Management rather than installing fonts into the system i.e Font Book.
If anyone has a solution, it would be great to hear how you guys are working.
Thanks

2 Likes

Another gripe/query/observation about font management in Figma. I am using Figma after a year back in Sketch and using the font UI is really painful. Scrolling past hundreds of fonts I will never use.
Referring to this closed topic: Deactivate noto sans
Where the OP asks about being able to switch off around 100 instances of Noto, the issue was not really resolved except for blaming Apple or saying you can turn off Google fonts entirely. Google fonts was not the issue for the OP. However, it must be that Figma that allows these non-essential Apple system fonts to be viewed – see Big sur has installed and activated great… - Apple Community. In Sketch, I don’t get 100 language versions of Noto.
Will there ever be better font management in Figma? I use Extensis Suitcase and it works for me with my custom fonts, Adobe fonts and Google fonts I want active for Figma, but maybe having a true plugin as Sketch does might solve some of these issues in the future?

1 Like

Still no improvement here I see!

1 Like

It’s a hassle but every time I update or install fonts via font management apps, I use Extensis Connect, I just restart Figma. It’s a pain but it is a workaround…

REALLY wish Figma would work with Extensis/Connect fonts for some kind of plug-in…so much to love about Figma but not having a real font management integration is such a stumbling block!

1 Like