Font changes appearance when clicked

@Artjom, your problem is that the subscript property is enabled for the text object above. Open the type details and change this property.

Guys I think I found a temprorary fix, you can click on the text, then go to the font dropdown menu, and click variable font axes.
Try increasing and decreasing the optical size, this helped me.

As of August 2023, I have the same issue here and after numerous tests, it only seems to affect local fonts (Arial, Helvetica, Menlo, Verdana, Comic Sans, Georgia, etc.)

I will look for a solution and come back with it as I absolutely need this to work…

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well. When the font is clicked the fill is removed. Adding the fill in not working.

This is happening to my team still as of today. It’s been an issue for months for us, and it’s very inconsistent.

this has happened to my clients shared files too. All Arial fonts have been swapped out to either Inter or Roboto, or even sometimes a third font.

The change appears to happen on click.

Very frustrating.

I sent a detailled and massive report of the bug to the Figma support team and it seem to be quite a massive one that they still have to figure out.

The problem is not related to local fonts but any TTF fonts (which local fonts are). Converting an OTF to the TTF format does not work as well.

2 Likes

thanks so much @Catherine ! appreciate that, and for letting us know. Glad to hear they’re aware.