Flashing selection and saving bug

Hello, our team has a similar problem. How to fix this?

In one of my files, I’ve been occasionally experiencing a bug where the blue/purple box and handles surrounding the selected element are sometimes invisible. When the mouse is stationary, the selection is completely invisible. When the mouse is moving, the selection flashes on and off, and the rate of flashing seems to correspond to how fast the cursor is moving. I’m not sure why this is happening, and it makes it hard to work.

Video: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

This seems to occur in combination with another bug where Figma says “The document has unsaved changes. Figma will continue to try auto-saving your work.” and the white dot appears in place of the X on the tab, sometimes for hours. However, my internet connection is fine, multiplayer is working fine with other users, and version history continues to be saved intermittently. It seems like the autosave mechanism is partially broken, since sometimes the file is genuinely unsaved, and shows me a warning popup when I go to close the file - but other times it is saved fine and will let me close and reopen without trouble. Even when the file appears to have saved my latest changes, pressing Command-S still causes the “The document has unsaved changes. Figma will continue to try auto-saving your work.” message to appear.

This is only occurring in one file right now, although I noticed the flashing selection bug in another file a few months ago. I’m using the desktop app (release 85, build 3) on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? I haven’t found anything on the web and, of course, I’d like to know how to fix it

???

That’s weird, it looks like some key on the keyboard is stuck and is pressed constantly. This can cause both of the issues you are describing depending on the key.

Nope. The whole team experiences this problem

In this case get videos from at least a couple of team members and submit them with other details about the issue to Figma support team via the bug report form.