Fixing Missing Fonts - Process is Painful for Multiple Font Choices

SUMMARY:
When fonts are missing, choosing the correct font to replace missing fonts is very difficult when there are multiple replacement font choices. The list of fonts is too narrow to show the full name of the font I am choosing. As an example, Font Awesome comes in many flavors and this makes it cumbersome to choose the right font form Figma’s current UI.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Access missing fonts UI
  2. Try to replace a missing font when there is more than one replacement option.

EXPECTED RESULT:
I expect the name of the replacement font to be fully visible so that I can easily choose the correct font from the list of replacement options.

ACTUAL RESULT:
There are multiple font replacement options, and the names are limited to 12 characters. I see something multiple fonts to choose, but cannot tell which one I should choose with out trying them one at a time.

PROPOSED SOLUTIONS:

1. Please make the list of replacement fonts MUCH wider, so we can see the full font replacement name.
  2. At the very least, show the full name of the font on hover.
  3. Make Type-Ahead work when the font list is active
  4. If you know Font Awesome is the missing font, show Font Awesome at the top of the list - there is a very good chance that is what the user needs.

EXAMPLE:
Which Font Awesome is the correct one?

DEMO WITH FONT AWESOME
figma-missingFonts-painful

This is still a problem.

Demo of Bug:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.