Find and swap all instances of the component

Sometimes updating the component is not an option:

1. At times one needs to change the control/component so much that I will break existing screens and views.
  2. Or you rely on community files to build your UI and you need to take in updates from a newer version of the file. So you duplicate the newer file, enable it in the Assets, and need to use the different version from now on.

At this point, there is no way to reliable track down all instances of the component and weeding them out is a hassle.

My workaround is for the color deprecated main component to some weird acid green color to make them stand out. This makes the workspace not ready for user testing and presentations for a while and weeding out can take a while.

I think there should a better way to deprecate and replace components.

Sincerely,
Jurijs

5 Likes

Hey Jurijs, you can use my plugin Master to do it. If you haven’t seen it, check out this thread, specifically this message for basic instructions and this one for when the component you want to replace is not local. Let me know if it helps!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Will check it out.

1 Like

This plugin works wonders! Exactly what I was looking for … Thank you!

Edit > Select all with > Select all with same instance.

You can then swap the instance with another component from the right toolbar etc.

3 Likes