File viewer: preserve grid/list view preference in local storage

Currently the Figma file viewer always defaults to grid view. Since I prefer list view, this means that each time I jump into the file viewer I have to toggle from grid to list view. Ideally Figma would be able to preserve my selection locally so that I don’t need to select list view each time I enter the file viewer.

I actually thought it used to preserve this selection so this might be a recent regression.

1 Like

I prefer to use a list view in my Figma file browser. However currently I need to reset this for each session. It would be good if it was sticky. I’ve only noticed this since we switched to an Enterprise account but it’s possible it was there before.

1 Like

Yes me to! Always list view! Well before the last update Figma preserved the last selection, but now it doesn’t. @anon21722796 why are you forcing us to the grid view if we doesn’t prefer it?

1 Like

Problem: Visually I prefer the list to view my files within a project but everytime I restart / open Figma it doesn’t remember the state. It would be nice if this could be saved because over times it just creates friction - each time I have to click and readjust to what I was used to seeing.

Interesting to see if this already has been flagged before.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.