Figma Support Forum

File Organization and Favorites

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this

Our design org. at my company has hundreds of designers spread out across the globe. This means I can be in dozens of meetings throughout the week, all with multiple Figma files. I realize there is a common organization scheme, but I would like to have a personalized file organization experience where I can group files from specific meetings that all have a relationship (to a specific meeting) into a folder. Meetings may also contain project files. I don’t want to change someone else’s project folder structure, I want the ability to create my own and include a collection of project files, or only specific ones from a project.

I would also like the ability to “star” or favorite files temporarily that may rise to the top for priority tasks for the week that need my input.

1. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)

I do not currently have any screenshots or mocks of how this would work, but if someone else with a similar need had some time to make this happen, that would be great! I just don’t have the time at the moment (see above).

1. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
    (e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?, etc.