File has suddenly been Archived and can't be accessed

Overnight the key file my team and I have been sharing has been archived. I woke up to a very started dev team asking why our file was deleted or where it was moved to.

After a bit of troubleshooting, even I as a contributor (not the creator nor main figma admin) can not find it. I did still have the file open in my app tabs though and it is labeled “archived”. I do not know how to undo this or even how to do it intentionally to other files.

After a bit of troubleshooting, without access to our admin(out of town). I was able to clone the file, but all comments were lost.

Is archiving a new feature that created this strange bug? Is this an admin only feature? Is there anything I can do to restore my original files and comment/version history?

1 Like

“Archived” means that the file has been deleted and you can restore it from the “Deleted” tab.
Read more about file restoring here:

1 Like

@Becca2 were you working in a branch. I believe only branches are archived.

Any file that is moved to the “Deleted” tab is marked as “Archived”.
deleted-file

1 Like

TIL haha thanks @tank666

I just experienced the same problem, very disappointing… I’ve lost an important project completely and it’s not even in deleted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.