Figma slow/laggy when screen-sharing

I find Figma very difficult to use when I’m sharing my screen via Teams. It’s ok if I’m previewing a prototype, but if I’m showing the artboards I have in Figma or scrolling/dragging around Figjam, performance is very poor.

It takes ages for Figma to catch up with my mouse. Since it’s so laggy I find myself apologising to my team as they have to wait for Figma to get up to speed with where I am.

We are seeing the same thing. The apologizing doesn’t go over well. Did you find any type of solution?

No nothing yet sadly. I did find if you zoom out of one board and zoom into the next you don’t get as much of a lag so it’s a weird work around for now I guess…

This must be adressed! XD does this very well.

Hi @Martin_Jespersen, Thank you for reaching out about the issue with screen sharing! I understand how frustrating this can be.

Could you please clarify if this issue is occurring in the desktop app, browser version, or both? If you haven’t already, clearing the cache of your browser and desktop app, as well as reinstalling Teams, could potentially help in resolving the issue.

To clear the desktop app cache on a Mac, you can go to the Help menu and select Troubleshooting. Alternatively, you can manually clear the cache by following these steps:

1. Quit the Figma desktop app
  2. Open Terminal.app and enter the following command: rm -rf “$HOME/Library/Application Support/Figma”
  3. Try opening the desktop app again

For Windows, you can clear the desktop app cache by clicking on the toggle-arrow at the right of the top toolbar, then selecting Help > Troubleshooting. If you prefer to manually clear the cache, follow these steps:

1. Close the Figma desktop app
  2. Open the Start menu and enter: %APPDATA%\Figma, then press Enter
  3. Delete the Desktop and DesktopProfile folders if they exist
  4. Launch the desktop app again

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, please contact our support team directly here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Please make sure to use your Figma account email, provide a short screen recording demonstrating the issue, mention the troubleshooting steps you have already taken.
This will enable our support team to investigate further and provide assistance.

We also welcome community members to provide insights and tips for resolving this issue!

Thanks,