Figma is running very slow suddenly

Same here. Freezing a lot. @Figma_Support anything you can do?

I feel kind of relieved reading all your comments … but still now that I know I’m not the only one with this problem, I hope figma support team or whatever do something about it … figma is really a game changing tool, and there are no viable alternatives to it at the moment but if they want it to stay at the top they have to solve this annoying problem as soon as possible

I’m using Figma on browser. Everything works fine when I just start using it, but after 5-10 mins of working, it’s suddenly slower and slower. I have to reload the browser a lot. This highly affects my productivity.

I get a lot of issues trying to go to the “home” tab. Usually has ~10 second delay before going, which results in some random files being opened if I try clicking around in my currently open file.

5 Likes

It was working just perfect yesterday. Today its even hard to open a file. Its super super slow and lagging - impossible to work :frowning:

1 Like

Same thing during last week. Clearing cache doesn’t help. Reinstalling doesn’t help. So far treated by frequent opening/closing Figma.

1 Like

Hello Zeinab, Ben here,
Figma may be slow if your design is graphics intensive. Check the sizes and formats of your images. Thank you.

Check all your components. Did you just make a bunch and then delete them? I had this happen to me when I made a bunch then deleted them then made more (like 1000+) each with instances and variants within component sets. So imagine components nested like 5-10 components deep. This is 100% a figma issue and not a computer issue. I’m running the top of the line 2021 Macbook pro. I use some intensive programs and the fan kicks on so I know when it’s working really hard and Figma isn’t causing it to work hard.

Please help me in fixing the Figma issue.

I fixed this by updating my graphic driver :partying_face:

1 Like

I’m using brave very fast and smooth, but using chrome very slow

Having the same problem. Was working great this morning up until two hours ago. Now the delay is awful. Copy and paste doesn’t work (shortcuts) and will not copy over to any other application (usually move images to PowerPoint, Word, etc. to check). Already tried different Internet browsers (Edge and Chrome) to no avail. Even restarted my computer.

1 Like

yes, getting same issue with figma, anyone can you please help.

It happens to me when I change pages.

• When I open a file everything is smooth.
  • If I switch to another page within that file, everything becomes noticeably laggy
1 Like

Im running into the same issue…

I am 200% sure it can be on my side, since im running:

• RTX 3090 with 24gb of memory (updated with latest drivers)
  • Ryzen 9 5900x - 12 core processor
  • 32gb of DDR4 RAM

Internet = 600mbps download & 80mbps upload.

The following happens to my GPU when i zoom in / out in my figma tab :

There is no way my 3090 GPU cant handle figma - there must be some optimization error in the backend of the browser editor.

2 Likes

Forgot to add - after a page refresh - it’s fixed, but its still an annoying bug.

2 Likes

Does it happen after selecting a different page from the left sidebar?

I have the same issue, Figma is running super slowly recently, and what I need to do is when I switch a page refresh it so it can run kind of normally. This is becoming a waste of time, I’m losing a lot of time designing

1 Like

Even I am facing the same issue, Figma runs super slow after about 5 mins, but I noticed that this does not happen in 1-page files. There’s no way my laptop can’t handle Figma when it handles Blender Cycles and After Effects. I am working with a pretty fast and stable internet connection. The issue seems to be with Figma.

Same situation here. Seems like a problem on Figmas’ part.

1 Like