Figma Freeze

Same here from Tokyo.

Yep it is a topic which actually makes working with Figma a pain. I also have trouble with this on M1 Pro Macbook. :weary:

@Figma_Support my whole team is experiencing this issue on our M1’s. As often as 5-10 times a day for me. It can be super disruptive during presentations, user tests, and team discussions.

Any updates or plans to address?

+1 on the M1 / external monitor combo. Figma freezes for several minutes after doing simple things, like when moving the desktop app window from one monitor to another. Yikes, this is a major issue!!!
@Figma_Support

1 Like

+1 MBPRO 2019 64GB, for me it freezes the whole system then I get a colourful screen of death. To bring mac back on track I have to boot to safe mode and then restart back to normal mode. Guys, I need help with this issue - I just persuaded my whole company to switch the design process to Figma.

freezing and clickdummies stopped working right before the usertest @Figma_Support
need help

+1 M1 MB pro/64. I’m about to give a demo and it’s just stuck. Frustrating.

Same here: Figma is incredibly laggy and at times unresponsive. There also seems to be some weird issue with MS teams. It’s near to impossible to share a screens anymore due to the lag.

just started encountering this same exact problem. I’m on an iMac core i9 so not the M1 crowed.
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 3.12.48 PM
I noticed recently that if click on F or the home my entire app and then mac will freeze up for 30ish seconds before returning control. This only happens while using figma :frowning:

1 Like

Does not impact other apps.
External screen, I haven’t been using figma without recently.

I have been having the same problem, even working on files alone AND I’ve noticed that random bits of the work is missing. Like i’ll make some changes to something and then the freeze will happen and maybe i go o another file, i return and the changes i made to the file are you just gone. And I KNOW i made them but it’s like the clock was just rolled back on that file :frowning:

Having the same issue, It started the same time I switched to an organization plan. Never had the issue when working independent plans. Could be coincidental :man_shrugging:

+1. It has been the same for as well.

There are also people on twitter complaining about the issues:

BTW: With secondary display it gets even worse. Please @Figma_Support, it’s not a single case anymore and it drives me nuts at the moment.

1 Like

Same issue with MacBook Pro M1, Monterey :sob: It’s annoying, it freeze constantly

1 Like

Same here, freezes for a good 30 seconds. Started a few months ago, happens at least 5 times a day now. Running on imac, no external screens. So frustratiiinngg.

Happens several times for me as well… super annoying. Also using the M1 pro, sometimes with external screen, sometimes not. Usually happens when I try to click the home button, Figma freezes for a good two minutes. However, if I restart figma, it works perfectly fine. All of my colleagues who have the M1 experience the same. :sob: Any updates on this @Figma_Support ?

1 Like

Also here!!!

Figma freezes, then responds momentarily (wildly cramming all my inputs into a half second) then freezes again.

Came here to see if there were any solutions.
I’m writing this while figma is frozen.
I’m on m1 16" 16gb ram.

Gonna hop over to the browser based app and see if this is any better.

please let us know if there’s any reason for this or if there’s any work being down to address this.

Im using a Macbook Pro Intel i5 from 2019 running Monterey. Im also having this freezing issue with everything brian31 mentioned. I hope there is a fix for this soon as it has been an issue for quite some time.