[Figma Desktop] How can I auto-load newly installed fonts?

Hi! I’ve had this question for a long time. When I install new fonts on my machine, I expect design programs to pick those up and let me use them without restarting the app.

However, I’ve found that Figma Desktop needs to be restarted in order to load newly installed fonts. Is this expected behavior, and is there something I (or Figma) can do to load these fonts without a total application restart?

Hey @Devin_Halladay no need to restart Figma. You will however need to refresh the tab. You can do this by right-clicking on the file browser or file tab in the desktop app and selecting reload. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It doesn’t work. I use adobe font. Reloading of tabs doesn’t solve the problem.

We don’t have an integration with Adobe Fonts however they should work by following these steps:

Figma doesn’t have an integration with Adobe Fonts (formerly Adobe Typekit). However, if you activate Adobe Fonts on your computer (third-party documentation), you can access these fonts in the font picker.
You will need to be signed in to Creative Cloud and have opened the application within the last 30 days to access these fonts.
Adobe Fonts supports devices running macOS or Windows 10. If you aren’t seeing these fonts, make sure you’re running the latest version of Windows.

1 Like

I can’t find the ‘Reload’ command in the File menu or using the Quick Actions palette!
The only way I found to reload tabs, is to check for updates, if there aren’t Figma asks to reload tabs.

Why did you remove the ‘Reload’ command?

There has never been such an item in the File menu. You can reload a tab the way you described and the way Josh wrote:

1 Like

Thank you! Now I found it! :pray:t3:

Yeah, but my file is huge, so reloading it every time is a pain. I wish you could just reload the font list.

2 Likes

Adding to this, there is a “Install Family” button inside Adobe CC that needs to be clicked in order to allow non-Adobe apps to use the Typekit fonts.